The secret of getting started is getting prepared. Bagging the correct golf equipment is the secret to keeping the best performance record in every shot. The primary determinant of the outcome of our round is to have the best wedge that can deliver a sharp short game. Unfortunately, we tend to give less thought to the type of wedge we use.
Are you willing to level up your golfing performance? You need the best 60 degree wedge.
Although there are a variety of degree levels on the market, but the 60-degree remains one of the best golf wedges that is super suitable for beginners and experts.
The 60-degree wedge also helps you shoot a precise and winning shot when you need to make a short shot on the greens.
No wonder all professional golfers prefer to use and include 60-degree wedges in their bags.
Undoubtedly, several situations require the use of this exceptional tool. However, getting the 60degree loft wedge that will serve you extensively and extraordinarily is another arduous task.
This explicit article will offer you the key factors to consider before buying and provide you with top choices.
Why 60-degree Wedge?
If you are accustomed to using the wedges less than the 60 degree loft wedge, you might be skeptical of the need for an advanced degree level, but with the below benefits, you won’t want to utilize the less-degree wedges anymore.
- Versatile Use: 60-degree golf wedges are the best tools to bag if you need a versatile club. Its versatility allows you to hit a flop shot. It delivers the entire function of the lesser degree levels.
- Precise and Accurate Shot: using the best 60 degree wedge will enable you to hit precisely, accurately and control the ball.
- Shock Elimination: standard golf wedges, especially the ones reviewed on our list of top-rated wedges, will reduce the vibration rate.
- Affordable: the fascinating part of using this exceptional equipment is that you don’t need to break your bank before getting it. Although there are different brands of 60-degree wedges on the market with various prices, but our list of reviewed wedges contain the most inexpensive and efficient models. You can invest in the best model without affecting your entire budget.
What are the Features of the Best Golf Wedges?
You might not find this article more helpful if we didn’t include the brilliant features. Of course, this fascinating wedge comes with some intriguing features, which include:
- It is ergonomically designed with durable steel materials. Thus, it is super lightweight, and you can use it for an extended period without dampening its efficiency.
- It often comes with a sturdy steel shaft and grip. These two features ensure you comfortably handle the lob without fear of an aftermath body ache.
- It features a broad clubhead. The best lob wedge, especially the reviewed list below, comes with a wide clubhead that allows you to explore the green more confidently and comfortably.
- Spin and control is another feature of this wedge. It is incontrovertible to believe that this tool is a must-bag for every golfer.
Factors You Need To Consider When Buying Golf Wedges
Investing in golf wedges have some crucial criteria to consider to ensure you invest wisely and enjoy the actual benefits of your investment. Below are some essential factors to consider before buying any model of golf wedge:
1. The Bounce
Bounce is the key determinant in the efficiency of all golf wedges. This is the angle that lies between the trailing edge and the leading edge. The three types of bounce are:
- Low bounce (4 & 6 degrees)
- Middle bounce (7 & 10 degrees)
- High bounce (10 degrees and above)
The higher the bounce rate will determine the higher the leading edge will go off the ground when shooting shots. Thus, it is vital to consider the bounce degree of any golf wedge before buying as it also determines the rate of spin and control you enjoy.
2. The Finish
There are several types of wedges on the market with different degree levels and materials, but the 60-degree wedge is the most outstanding in terms of finish, material, performance, and control. This exceptional model comes in different finish styles with color variations like black, silver, green, etc. Considering the finish of the clubs also contributes significantly to your golfing experience.
3. The Materials
A standard 60-degree wedge is constructed with alloy steel materials to make it more durable and portable. However, if it varies in materials, ensure you consider the one with the most durable materials as this will impact its durability and determine your comfort rate.
4. The Control and Vibration Elimination Level
Since golf is a hand game, it is necessary to thoroughly check through the wedge you want to buy. This alone might discourage you. The control rate of wedges also determines how fast you can shoot and control them. Consider these two factors to improve your playability.
5. The Shaft and Grip
The handle of the wedge also contributes to the comfort level you enjoy. Thus, it is an essential factor that you must not underrate. Consider the wedge with a light steel shaft, and it must be non-slip.
Becoming a Don in the golf game does not require taking extra golf courses. Having the right equipment will drastically improve your efficiency. Having the best 60 degree wedge will prepare you for bunk shots and playing in the rough greens. It is a plus advantage to patiently read through and choose the lob wedge perfect for you. Consider our list of reviewed wedges below as the best recommendation for you.
Wilson Harmonized Golf Wedges
The Wilson Harmonized Golf Wedge is a right-handed golf wedge that is super-suitable for high handicap players and free from budget restrictions. It goes for an affordable rate that is below 100 bucks.
Wilson harmonized golf wedges are best known for their excellent performance. This reputable brand doesn’t disappoint in this tool’s sturdiness, and stunning polish finish look.
Are you thinking of adding a lob wedge into your bag? Wilson Harmonized Wedge is the best 60 degree wedge that will perfectly suit your playability. Its reliability doesn’t disappoint.
It delivers the excellent lob you need to get your ball close to the pin and succeed over your opponent. This wedge’s sturdy design and lightweight make it super easy to maneuver and hit a quick and long shot.
- It features a steel actual temper shaft, making it more suitable for the mid-to-high handicapper to swing at a minimal pace effortlessly.
- It comes with an exceptional sole grind that enables players to confidently shoot higher while enjoying the best accuracy.
- The accurate temper steel is sturdily constructed to prevent shock and deliver super-high performance without dampening its durability.
- The universality of this tool makes it suitable for different surface terrain. It features a ten-degree bouncer, which fosters the shooting and stopping of the wedge.
- It is super affordable and durable
- Lightweight and astonishing design
- Excellent performance with classic blade shape
- Sturdy steel shaft with innovative sole grind
- It is slightly not suitable for low handicappers
Callaway Golf Mack Daddy 5 JAWS Wedge
- NEW TOUR-PROVEN SOLE GRINDS – The MD5 wedges feature our Tour-Proven Sole Grinds that have been updated to make it easy to play a wider variety of greenside shots.
- NEW LOOK – The Mack Daddy 5 wedges are the ideal combination of playability and performance. They feature a thinner top line for better turf interaction, oversized head shape for increased confidence on full shots and progressive sole relief for improved versatility from short to long irons.
- AMAZING FEEL – Enhanced Feel Balance delivers more feel with less weight in the head, while maintaining the solid feel you expect from Callaway golf clubs.
- Super-easy to maneuver
- Budget friend and astonishing
- Durable and lightweight design
- High accuracy with excellent performance
- It is relatively not suitable for mid handicapper
Pinemeadow Golf Men's Right Hand Pre Wedge
This is another yet exceptional golf wedge from the Pinemeadow brand that is also super affordable. Counting the best 60 degree wedge that can hit quickly and go farther than the low degree wedges without the Pinemeadow will make the list incomplete. This ergonomically designed tool is also 60 degrees like the previous model, but it performs more excellently than others models.
The Pinemeadow Golf wedge is prominently featured on our list because of its affordability and flexibility. Although it is slightly heavyweight, compared to the previous model, it is easy to lift despite that. Its flexibility includes the control and forgiveness rate.
Indeed, Pinemeadow wedge offers great value for money. Although it is slightly not suitable for low handicappers, it remains one of the best backspin wedges with the three prime factors: quality, price, and performance.
- It features a steel shaft of 125-gram which enables a low to medium kick point for every golfer. The shaft is ergonomically designed to extensively and excellently serve first-time golf players. It features a U groove technology that impacts the control and accuracy rate immensely.
- It comes with a broad sole at the bottom level of the clubhead. This feature primarily helps you narrow down the toe and offers a massive forgiving hitting surface, enabling you to explore the green confidently.
- U groove technology
- Durable and astonishing design
- It performs excellently especially for first-timers
- It is a right hand oriented golf wedge
- It is only suitable for men golfers
Cleveland Golf CBX 2 Wedge
Do you want to improve your playability? Get the best golf wedge with tour-spin and control, just like the Cleveland Golf Wedge. Marrying the exceptional features with the excellent performance of the Cleveland Golf Wedge together ranked it one of the best on the market. It is an excellent tool for golfers willing to hit the sweet spot.
The holistic approach helps you move the ball to the center of gravity and center it on the exact spot to hit the ball. It is a must-bagged game tool to enjoy precise shots and go farther than any other. Imagine the joy when you hit harder than your opponent. You feel much better, right? Yeah! That is why you need Cleveland Golf Wedge.
Cleveland’s brand name alone shows how smart and clever a player this tool would make you become. It is durable and flexible.
- It comes in a hollow-cavity design which provides more forgiveness that will significantly impact your playability. This feature also offers ultimate comfort while relieving hand constraints.
- It comes with three sturdy dynamic sole grinds, making this tool more versatile than others. Its versatility makes it suitable for shooting any shot angle on the green.
- It features GelbackTPU Insert and Feels Balancing Technology which primarily reduces vibration and absorbs shock. Thus, these two features function as shock absorbers.
- Low vibration with shock absorption
- Versatile shots
- Tour-level spin and control
- Durable and lightweight design
- It is slightly inexpensive
Callaway Mack Daddy CB Wedge
Kudos to the Callaway brand for the exceptional models of golf wedges. It is elegantly designed to effectively serve you on any surface. It comes with a sturdy clubhead which fosters the speed and enables you to reach farther than your opponent. It is constructed with alloy steel material in silver finish. This largely impacts its durability.
This ergonomically designed golf wedge allows you to confidently shoot while standing over the ball. It is super-lightweight and compactly made to fit your bag.
This right-hand oriented golf wedge is also suitable for first-time golfers as it comes with a holistic movement that enhances forgiveness, control, and increased bounce.
The full-face grooves deliver ultimate spin and absolute control of the tool. The steel shaft grip is moderate in weight and easy to lift up without causing hand aches.
- It comes with a hollow back that fosters the forgiveness rate, control level, and allows you to spin consistently on the green. The wide clubhead, deep-cavity back, and the thick topline also contribute greatly to its durability and playability.
- It features two elegant sole grind options which create more confidence shooting. It comes with a super-strong premium steel shafts and grips that influence the efficient performance of the wedge. Interestingly, the shaft and grip are constructed with light materials which facilitate the utilization of the tool.
- It deliver more forgiveness, control, and spin
- Strong shaft and grip
- Durable and lightweight design
- Consistent spinning with confident shooting
- It is slightly expensive
TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 Chrome Wedge
TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 Chrome Wedge Mens LH 60 Deg (10 Bounce)
Golf is hard, and you need all the help you can get to improve your game.
You know that there are a lot of products on the market that promise to help you play better golf. Unfortunately, most of these products don’t actually work as advertised.
The TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 Chrome Wedge will give any golfer an edge over their competition with its high-quality design and construction. This club has been engineered to maximize distance off center hits while maintaining accuracy around the green thanks to its razor sharp grooves which allow for more spin than ever before!
The Omitting plating from the face and grooves allows for more precise geometry optimizing spin, feel & accuracy. ZTP RAW Groove Design is sharper with deeper radii to produce a better shot on both sides of the club while laser etched pattern between each groove ensures even weight distribution in all areas which leads towards increased distance without sacrificing trajectory or tightness off centre hits!
- Milled Grind – The Milled Grind is a raw, unfinished face and grooves that are milled to precise tolerances. This process allows for more precise geometry optimizing spin and feel.
- Laser Etched Pattern – The laser etched pattern between the grooves increases friction on the golf ball for enhanced feel while optimizing CG location for precise flight.
- ZTP RAW Groove Design – Sharper, Deeper, Narrower Groove, sharper radii engineered for more greenside spin.
- Thick-Thin Head Design – Mass placement for enhanced feel while optimizing CG location for precise flight.
- Affordable and super-easy to control and spin
- Durable and astonishing design
- Long and accurate steel shaft
- Lightweight with a wide clubhead
- Not for high-handicappers
Mizuno T20 Golf Wedge
Golf is hard, but it’s even harder when you’re using the wrong wedge.
The Mizuno T20 Wedge is the most popular choice of PGA Tour professionals because it delivers superior performance from any lie on the course. Its Hydro Flow Grooves channel away moisture for maximum spin in wet conditions, while Grain Flow Forged HD metal delivers a soft, solid feel that inspires confidence.
You need to be able to hit high and low shots with precision control so you can get up and down out of tough spots. That’s why Mizuno makes this unique wedge with two different sole grinds – one for high shots and one for low ones! Plus, its innovative Spin Milling process creates grooves that deliver more spin than ever before from any lie on the course. It’s all about shot shaping technology…and raw power!
The Mizuno T20 wedge is the perfect combination of shot-shaping technology and raw power. It’s a great choice for players who demand maximum spin in all conditions, as well as those who want to hit high, soft shots with precision control.
Mizuno’s T20 wedge delivers superior performance from any lie on the course. Its Hydro Flow Grooves channel away moisture for maximum spin in wet conditions, while Grain Flow Forged HD metal delivers a soft, solid feel that inspires confidence.
- Hydro flow micro grooves: Mizuno’s exclusive groove design that allows for more consistent spin and shot control.
- Weight placed high: Higher weighting in the head of the wedge increases moment of inertia, which helps produce a higher launch angle and greater forgiveness on off-center hits.
- Grain flow forged HD: enhanced grain flow forging process that increases grain density in the impact area for the ultimate soft, solid, consistent feel.
- It is super affordable
- Forged golf wedge for more spin and control
- Durable and lightweight design
- It is slightly rigid
TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi Toe Raw Wedge
Wedges are hard to control and you’re not hitting the ball very well.
If your wedge game is lacking, then it might be time for a new TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi Toe Raw Wedge. This premium golf club will help you improve your short game in no time at all!
The key to better wedge play starts with precision. That’s why this top-of-the-line club has been crafted with a milled grind that ensures every single sole is precise and consistent. It also features full face scoring lines that ensure consistent contact out of deep rough, so you can stop missing greens left and right! And don’t worry about the cost – we’ve got some great deals on this product today only!
- FULL FACE SCORING LINES – TaylorMade’s full face scoring lines are designed to ensure consistent ball contact out of the deep rough and increase spin on off-center strikes.
- THICK THIN DESIGN – The thicker thin design allows engineers optimize CG location for precise flight, while enhanced feel can be expected through our Milled Grind wedges that were specifically crafted in order maximize consistency when crafting each sole.
- MILLED GRIND WEDGES – These wedges have been crafted with a milled grind which will provide perfect performance more often than not! They’re also engineered to deliver optimal spin control as well as increased shot height and distance control.
- Suitable for tournament play
- Versatile use and suitable for both men & women
- Vibration elimination
- Durable and lightweight design
- The clubhead is slightly heavyweight